Event Time and Date
2 Days until this Event
Run by the Malvern Family Resource Centre, The Enable ACCESS project will address the gendered systemic barriers faced by women with disabilities in North-East Scarborough. This project will advocate for accessibility, build community capacity towards accessibility, provide platforms to gain skills and become leaders, and foster a safe and inclusive community.
Enable ACCESS is seeking women with disabilities, caregivers, service providers and allies to get involved with this project! Opportunities include:
1. Develop and complete community based research through interviews and surveys with women with disabilities and service providers;
2. Support development of a workshop with service providers to build their capacity to service women with disabilities;
3. Complete environmental scan of services and supports available;
4. Act as an ambassador of the project and Malvern Family Resource Centre, including reaching out to their own networks and other stakeholders that have not been engaged; and
5. Provide leadership and accept responsibility for deliverable
The first day to volunteer is on June 26th, 2017 from 10am-4pm, but this project runs until December 2017.
If interested, then please email Jasmeen Chandi, Program Facilitator email@example.com.
***VolunteerLink is Ryerson's platform aimed at connecting students to volunteer opportunities in the community. As such, we are the bridge that connects students with the volunteer organizations. All organization contact information will be provided within the volunteer opportunity posting and it is then the student's responsibility to contact the volunteer organizations directly/follow their volunteer processes in order to officially RSVP to the opportunity, or in order to seek more information.
Level Up: Communication, Level Up: Community Engagement, Level Up: Data & Analysis, Level Up: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Level Up: Leadership, Level Up: Project Management, Level Up: Teamwork & Collaboration, Social Innovation, Volunteerism